Time for School
This unit enables all 51 children of Otacho Christian Children's Home to attend school, from pre-schoolers through to the children in Grade 8 who are studying for their KCPE.
Whilst primary education is free in Kenya, every child needs to have a uniform and shoes plus books and stationery. It costs approximately £6.00 per month per child to cover these costs.
The children receive opportunity to....
- Develop Potential - Every child should be encouraged to have big dreams. We have probably already assisted potential future airline pilots, accountants and nurses.
- Develop Teamwork - Working alongside others encourages a sense of belonging and being able to depend on others as well as being dependable.
- Develop Confidence - A "can do" attitude is an important attribute for any child growing up in Africa. Education will help to reinforce a sense of confidence at each stage of achievement.
- Develop Social Skills - Kenyans have a very strong sense of community, but going to school helps a child to develop skills outside of his normal environment.
- Education is the key to giving each of these children the tools he needs to lift himself out of the poverty into which he was born.
If you would like to be a part of allowing a child this amazing opportunity please donate to this project
- Providing Choices
- Sense of achievement